- 26th June 2019
- Posted by: admin_dev
- Category: coinbase, Cryptocurrency
Transfer LINK immediately into your Coinbase Pro account ahead of trading. Support for LINK will be available in all Coinbase’s supported jurisdictions, with the exception of New York State. Additional regions may be added at a later date.
After 10am PT on June 26, 2019, we will begin accepting inbound transfers of LINK to Coinbase Pro. We will accept deposits for at least 12 hours prior to enabling full trading.
Once sufficient supply of LINK is established on the platform, trading on the LINK/USD, and LINK/ETH order books will start in phases, beginning with post-only mode and proceeding to full trading should our metrics for a healthy market be met. Support for LINK will be immediately available in all Coinbase’s supported jurisdictions, with the exception of New York State. Additional jurisdictions may be added at a later date.
Chainlink (LINK) is an Ethereum token that powers the Chainlink decentralized oracle network. This network allows smart contracts on Ethereum to securely connect to external data sources, APIs, and payment systems.
Please note that LINK is not yet available on Coinbase.com or via our consumer mobile apps. We will make a separate announcement if and when this functionality is added.
The stages of this launch
There will be four stages to the launch as outlined below. We will follow each of these stages independently for each new order book. If at any point one of the new order books does not meet our assessment for a healthy and orderly market, we may keep the book in one state for a longer period of time or suspend trading as per our Trading Rules.
We will send tweets from our Coinbase Pro Twitter account as each order book moves through the following phases:
- Transfer-only. Starting at 10am PT on June 26, customers will be able to transfer LINK into their Coinbase Pro account. Customers will not yet be able to place orders and no orders will be filled on these order books. Order books will be in transfer-only mode for at least 12 hours.
- Post-only. In the second stage, customers can post limit orders but there will be no matches (completed orders). Order books will be in post-only mode for a minimum of one minute.
- Limit-only. In the third stage, limit orders will start matching but customers are unable to submit market orders. Order books will be in limit-only mode for a minimum of ten minutes.
- Full trading. In the final stage, full trading services will be available, including limit, market, and stop orders.
One of the most common requests we receive from customers is to be able to trade more assets on our platform. Per the terms of our listing process, we anticipate supporting more assets that meet our standards over time.